About This Project
Sales Representative – Cosmetic
US East Coast (NJ)
The Sales Representative is responsible for selling Sandream Impact effect pigments and cosmetic actives to the cosmetic and personal care industries. This position is responsible for achieving the revenue, volume and margin targets within their given territory. This position will also focus on acquiring, penetrating, managing and retaining customers. Being sales and performance driven; with a dedication to achieving the company goals; will be critical to the long term success of Sandream Impact.
- Takes responsibility and ownership for her/his territory
- Territory Planning: Understands current accounts, prospects, competitors, and suppliers
- Reporting; Utilizes an account plan to list organizations profile, projects, next steps, post-call reports, pipeline management required
- Manage the sales cycles across customer accounts
- Track trends of the market; gather intelligence concerning customers and report on competitive activity
- Propose and close sales that achieve total revenue growth, profit, and customer sales projections
- Sustain sales activities, appointments, proposals, cold calls and utilize proper time management
- Skillful customer discovery interviews leading to qualified projects – understanding customer priority, unmet needs, detailed customer value proposition, business case, etc.
- Use industry contacts to develop strong relationships with key-decision maker and influencers throughout the customers’ organization. (research & development, purchasing, business managers, operations and senior management).
- Consistent follow-up on customer projects, samples, requests, etc.
- Communication with customers and internal organization regarding pricing, product availability, forecasting and sample status
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
- Experience with sales of pigments and active ingredients to the cosmetic and/or personal care industry is strongly desired for this position
- Existing relationships within the targeted industries in Cosmetics, Personal Care, and HI&I
- 3-5 years industry experience in Sales
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, written, and oral communication skills
- Must possess excellent organization, prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Excellent PC / Computer skills (MS Office is required)
- Strong work ethic and self-starter; able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast pace industry
- Ability to identify issues and opportunities, develop solutions, make recommendations and execute/manage their implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work from home and remotely as needed.
- Overnight travel and attending industry trade shows required. Travel of 60-75% is required for this position.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
For consideration, please send resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org